Fluor will construct new terminal facilities for the Sunoco Logistics Mariner East 2 project at its Marcus Hook Industrial Complex. Upon completion, Mariner East 2 is anticipated to provide up to an additional 275,000 barrels-per-day of NGLs for distribution to local, domestic and international markets.
The Mariner East 2 project comprises the following major elements:
- Four product storage tanks (by Third Party)
- Refrigeration equipment
- Dock mounted load out equipment and piping modules (by Third Party)
- Dock rehabilitation
- Substation (by Third Party)
- Two incoming feeders from the new substation
- New firewater supply and distribution system
- In-plant pipe runs and supports
- Incoming pipeline for NGL feedstock
- Electrical and instrumentation
- Cooling water tower
- Flare system
Fluor, Sunoco Logistics and contractors are using Fluor Site ConnectSM
, our project-wide communication platform to access key information throughout the project site, contributing to a largely paperless jobsite.
More than 2,200 craft personnel support the project representing Fluor, building trades and local unions. Fluor’s direct-hire craft peaked at 196 in November 2016, and Fluor staff peaked at 143 in January 2017.